Alternate Thinking, Performance Mindset

Monday, November 26, 2007

My car has a chip on it's shoulder...



There are several inherent issues my 1996 Mustang GT faces: the first being that it was made right here in the good ol’ US of A. In today’s tuner world, the fact that I own a domestic often lumps me into a different social stereotype than I, or most other twenty-something domestic owners, really belong.
The 4.6 mod motor under the hood of my red Vert has as much in common with the big displacement pushrod motors of yesteryear (and tomorrow in GM’s neck of the woods) as it does with the technology powered, Star Trek paneled compacts from Europe and Asia. In fact, my poor 281 has too few cubic inches to be cool with the domestic meatheads and its 4.6 liters of displacement make it about 2.6 liters too big for me to hang out with the rice burning, fart can population either. I guess my bastard car and I are just left out in the cold...
Not anymore. Welcome to the premiere post of Enginuitive Motorsports; a blog intent on taking on the social stigma of being a garage monkey, as well as the industrial norms of the tuner industry.
We’ve all seen the rich tuning shops in magazines where the speed equation is always car + money = fast, and even with the best of intentions, we can’t alter that reality, but we can offer a glimpse into the reality of tuning - where some of us are scraping by to throw parts at our rides while working nine to five’s and paying for burgers with the quarters we keep in our ashtrays.
This blog is about more than a selective tuning genre or a particular brand of car - this magazine is about the lifestyle, and as such, you can expect to see some posts spanning every facet of your life - clothes, cars, girls, video games and even those two wheeled things I can never seem to keep up with, motorcycles.
Tuning isn’t about isolating yourself from those weird VW guys that are always throwing parts at their Jettas or the wing clad Honda guys sporting V-Tech stickers. The scene is no one tuner, it’s all of us - and there’s finally a page that reflects it.
Enjoy!

-A

1 comment:

Robert and Ludy said...

My Tiburon also has a chip on its shoulder!!! HA HA HA